Octopus's Garden


"I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade"

Granted, there were no octopuses, octopi, or octopodes, depending on how you want to pluralize octopus, at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro.  The aquarium was donation only, and must have been the official field trip day because there were no less than a hundred little munchkins scattered EVERYWHERE!  I took 316 pictures, so I am quite proud I managed to weed it down to 18.  Jellyfish are one of the most fascinating and baffling creatures in the known universe, and I can stand and watch them for hours.  It just amazes me that a creature can have no brain, no heart, no mouth, no lungs, and still manage to exist as an animal.  It seems like it should be a plant, yet it is not.  So weird!  I hope these give you just a little taste of how wonderful the little Cabrillo aquarium was.






In case you could not figure it out, this is a crab.







This made me think of Whoville in Dr. Suess.







Comments (0)

Post a Comment