Blowing In The Wind


"How many years can a mountain exist before it's washed to the sea?"

Ahh, Bob Dylan.  He knows how to write music.  I actually discovered on my trip that "Blowing In The Wind" is was actually written about a newspaper.  Who knew?  Anyway, the Grand Canyon is one of the windiest places ever.  I thought I was going to get blown right over the edge.  Our original plan was to get there are sunset, but we spent way too much time (time I do not regret) in Moab.  So, I drove almost all night, had a few close calls with the biggest mule deer I have seen, took a nap in an overlook parking lot at the south rim, and got up to photograph the canyon at sunrise.  I have been to the Grand Canyon, but not at the south rim.  It was not as impressive as I remembered, but the light was amazing!  We even found a gas station with $2 showers after leaving the park, which was nice, since showers are so rare on a road trip.









Comments (0)

Post a Comment