Through The Looking Glass

One of my more recent obsessions has been with kaleidoscopes. I love how even the ugliest scene can be transformed into geometric beauty through something as simple as mirrors reflecting off one another. More than one attempt has been made to capture the absolute grooviness of a kaleidoscope, but I was always left a little frustrated by the lack of clarity. And, out of complete naivety, I announced to my husband that we were going to make our own. A bigger one. After a long night, we managed to build a kaleidoscope large enough to fit over the lens of my camera. Of course, no really awesome kaleidoscope photographers will share their secrets of how they made theirs, but I'm going to be nicer. Mine was crafted out of 9 square mirrors, a beer case out of the recycling, and lots and lots of packaging tape.





Comments (0)

Post a Comment